Tuesday 22 February 2011

I would like to study Graphic Design at University, as I feel it will help me to fulfil my dream of helping advertising and producing work for a client. Studying at your university I believe will help me progress academically and practically to achieve my full potential.

At A Level my favourite subject was Graphic Design. This was simply because I am so passionate about the subject. After the last three years doing the course my whole outlook on signs has changed, symbols are enormous part of the signs. Symbols help people realise what something is without reading or having to look into the symbol. Some symbols are so well recognised, you could remove half of it and people can still see what it should be or what company it resembles.

I took it upon myself to get some work experience in the graphic’s industry and in the summer of 2010 I spent two weeks in local company Attic Design seeing how the business works. It was very helpful and I even got to work on a live project. The manager was very impressed with my skills on a computer. I am excellent on Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign. For the two weeks there I attended three conferences which give me an idea how the different clients pitch there ideas and what they would like from you, this will be very helpful for me in the future. The placement confirmed my decision to choose Graphic Design for my future career.

I’m applying for this Graphic Design course because I want to be successful. I’m confident in the work I do. I love to problem solve and for example, finding out what the client wants and exploring exciting ways you can approach the problems is endless, and that’s why I have chosen this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment